Monday, August 30, 2010

Cool

It's been a while, but I've been busy.
Last week I went to Toquerville to see Pride and Prejudice at the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City with my mom, grandma, and aunt Amy. Pride and Prejudice is seriously my favorite favorite favorite. I love the book, the movies, the play, all of it. And the play was so good! Mr. Collins was the best Mr. Collins ever! And Mr. Darcy was perrfect, no Colin Firth of course but he was great. After the play we went to Winger's, which was yummy yummy.
It was really nice to go out with the family too. My grandma lives in California so I rarely see her, which is sad. I love my grandma ♥

After the play we went back to my mom's and just hung out there all night. I ended up sleeping there because my brother is living in Reno now and his room was empty just for me. I put Alice to bed pretty early, but she only woke up once. When she did she was just so sad that I let her sleep/cuddle in the bed with me. It was a good idea I think, we both slept great!

The next day was Alice's six month well visit to the doctor. Yes, six months. I had to reschedule her appointment and it was the only opening they had. Alice was such a stinker! She cried the whole time the doctor was checking her out, which has never happened before. And of course she had the saddest cry ever when the nurse gave her shots. Ugh, I hate shots. The only reason I don't mind going to the doctor is the stats. I love seeing where Alice is on the growth chart.

She weighs 17 pounds and 13.5 ounces (44%)
Is 28.5 inches tall (88%)
and her head is 17.4 inches around (68%)

Skinny and tall with a pretty big head. I am not surprised.

Dr. Marsden was really impressed with her though. He said I'm doing a great job, which is ALWAYS good to hear.

My mom came with me to the doctor so afterwards we went to Pizza Factory (YUM) with my sister. Justin was pretty jealous...it was super delicious and I wish I was eating it right now.

Then I went back to my mom's, packed my bags, and drove to KCJ's house to swim! I love swimming, and so does Alice. 

After swimming we hit the road to come home. Oh how we love our home. 
Unfortunately I was locked out of the house so I had to drive all the way out to Justin's salon and wait for him to come out and give me the garage door opener or house key. 
It wasn't too bad though, Justin got to show Alice off to all his salon buddies. I looked weird though because I didn't brush my hair after swimming, haha! 

That was my mini-vacation though. It was really fun, but I really missed Justin. It was awkward being away from him. That was the first time since we've been married that we were apart over night.....

But I got some cute pictures of Alice and Emily (my aunt Amy's 13 month old). We put them in the bath together and they were so silly! 


And just for fun: 


Mom, Me, Grandma, and goofy Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment